Sunday, September 10, 2017

Wikipedia Trails: From The Lady of Shalott to Occitan Language

The Lady of Shalott: I started at The Lady of Shalott because I enjoyed reading about her last week when working on my project and thought she would be a good place to start. It also goes along with my topic for my project and allows me to gain a little bit more knowledge on the Arthurian era.
(John William Waterhouse's The Lady Shalott picture: Source Wikipedia)

Sir Lancelot: From the Lady of Shalott I was brought to Sir Lancelot. This article allowed me to gain more knowledge on the people of Camelot and helped to give me more insight on Sir Lancelot and who he was.

(Sir Lancelot at the Chapel of the Holy Grail photo by Edward Burne-Jones: Source Wikipedia)

The Holy Grail: From Lancelot I was brought to the holy grail. Part of the reason that I clicked on it was because I had not idea what it was, the other part is because it sounded really cool. I learned that it plays a really important role in Arthurian Literature and turns out I have heard of it, I just did not realize it.

Occitan Language: I clicked on this because I had no idea what it was. Turns out, it is a romance language primarily spoken in Southern France and Italy. It is kind of ironic how I started on the Lady of Shallot and ended on a romance language.



No comments:

Post a Comment