Friday, September 8, 2017

Learning Challenge: Reading Out Loud

For me, reading out loud helps me to slow down and not "speed read", which to me means I read it but not really read and understand. When I do not take the time to read out loud I have found that I will read what I am supposed to, however, I do not retain the information or make connections to the story or material like I do when I read out loud. For me reading out loud is different from silent reading because it allows me to make connections that I might have other wise missed and also allows me to retain information better than just reading silently. The only disadvantage of reading out loud is that it takes longer, because you make more connections and ask yourself questions. Reading out loud is definitely something that I will continue doing.
(Funny Meme about Reading Out Loud in Class: Image found on Pintrest: Photo by LoveThisPic)

No comments:

Post a Comment