Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Reading Options

Reading Options: As soon as I saw the list of units, there were two that stood out to me, the Biblical Units and the British Units. Within both units there are numerous stories that I am looking to read, for example in the British Unit, I am so excited to read Ballads of Robin Hood, King Arthur, and Canterbury Tales. The Biblical Unit drew my attention because I felt that would be the unit that I am most familiar with, because I have grown up in church and will be most familiar with these stories. The Biblical Unit will be a good starting place for me since I am familiar with the stories and it will be easier to develop my storytelling abilities with stories that I am already familiar with. The British Unit caught my attention because I knew there would be a lot of stories that are popular, like the classic, Robin Hood. I love all the classic stories, so I will definitely be doing the Alice and Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass. Alice in Wonderland is a story that I have grown up loving, which is why I am interested in this one. Another one that stood out to me was The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre, under the European Unit.This particular one stood out to me because I am watching The CW's Reign about Mary Queen of Scots. From the show I know that Marguerite is the sister of King Francis II of France, and learning more about the era of Francis and Mary is something that I am really interested in.
(Hinchliff's engraving of MargueriteQueen of Navarre; Picture from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment