Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Famous Last Words: First Official Week

Reflection: It is crazy to think we are already in week two. Honestly, I have not had much to do in my other classes so I am trying to work ahead in this class so that when it gets busy with Midterms, I can have one thing less to worry about. For the reading this week, I was really worried that I would not be able to get into it, however, I really enjoyed each of the stories I read. My favorite was Beauty and the Basilisk, which was very similar to Beauty and the Beast. I also really enjoyed the Man in the Moon stories. I was able to do both reading A and B and feel like I still had plenty of time to do more. For me, this week was the first time I have ever retold a story with my own thoughts. At first, I really struggled, but when I got an idea it flowed pretty well and overall I felt my story was decent, especially for my first time retelling a story. This week, I read a lot of people's introduction and even some favorite places posts and they were awesome! My favorite part was reading about everyone's pets, as I love animals. So far my classes are going really well. This is the first semester I can honestly say, I am enjoying all of my classes. My favorite class so far is organic chemistry, as chemistry is one of my favorite subjects. My hope for this class next week, is that I find some great stories that peak my interest to do more research on or even inspire me for my storybook project. Next week, I have my first OChem quiz and am a little nervous about it, especially because it is the first one. As for now, I am excited for the three day weekend and the first football game! Boomer Sooner!
(Photo of how looks progress over the first two weeks of class. Photo by IWSMT)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely went through the same thought process that you did this week! I tried to work ahead so that when I get really busy with my other classes, I would not have to worry about this class. I also really enjoyed Beauty and the Basilisk and this is my first experience retelling an old story too! I love your graphic, it definitely describes my experience.

    ReplyDelete