Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Growth Mindset

Growth Mindset: This was the first I have ever heard of Carol Dweck, however, in each video I agree and have personally experienced first hand what she was talking about. Coming from a very small, closed minded school system, I have been a part of the generation that has been rewarded for getting the answer right, and not the process for which I found the right answer. For me coming to a big university was a major shock, and I am not going to lie, I struggled at first. All throughout grade school and high school, I personally was taught that it did not matter if I understood every step of the process, it only mattered if I got the right answer. What I found when coming to college is that you have to have a growth mindset to succeed. Just getting the right answer on the test does not matter because every class you take and everything you learn is preparing you for your future, so understanding the process behind what you are learning is crucial to success in college. For me what came to my mind after watching the videos and learning about a growth-mindset, is learning is growing and that is what college is teaching me. This semester my goal is to make all A's and I believe with my new-found, growth mindset this is possible. This semester I can honestly say that I am excited for all of my classes and look forward to the growth that will take place.
(Change Your Words: Angela Watson)

No comments:

Post a Comment