Sunday, August 27, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

Thoughts of Feedback: The first article I read was, 6 Mental Habits That Sabotage Your Success. Mental sabotage is a problem for me. I almost always second guess myself, seek others or in this case audience approval, and put myself down when doing assignment or studying for test. I always think my work will never be as good as so and so's and this has caused me to sabotage myself. Over the years, I have overcome these problems and reading this article helped to reiterate some of the points I have looked over in the last few weeks. In highs-school, I did not take constructive criticism well, as I thought any criticism at all was a sign of my own weakness, however, coming to college has helped me to get over this fear and learn that constructive criticism is very helpful. The best criticism to me is telling someone this is really good, but if you want it to be even better here are some tips. For the second article I read, 14 Signs Your Perfectionism Has Gotten Out Of Control . For me, even today, I still struggle with being a perfectionist. I'll spend hours fretting over one assignment trying to make it the best I possibly can. Taking feedback as a perfectionist took work and time to accept that feedback really is important. Personally, I believe that feedback is a very important feature in learning. In my college experience, most of my feedback has been limited to writing research papers and lab reports, but the feedback from my peers allowed to me grow more as a writer and fix mistakes that I otherwise would not have caught. Feedback is challenging to accept, because you're admitting that you aren't perfect, but no one is and using feedback to correct one's mistakes or misunderstandings makes you one step closer to perfect. Feedback is a big part of everyone's life, even outside of school, it is how you learn and grow as a person.
(Oprah Excited about Feedback: Meme by Imgflip)

No comments:

Post a Comment