Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 8 Reading and Writing

So far, I have really enjoyed this class. I like being able to explore different cultures and compare how they tell stories. If it was not for this class I can honestly say I would not have read half of the stories I already have. My favorite part is being allowed to choose whatever story I want within the unit. To me, I would rather get to chose what I am reading based on what sounds interesting rather than being assigned something that I am not interested. I also enjoy the freedom. The due dates keep me on track, but I like being allowed to work ahead. At first I found the storytelling to be hard, just because I am not that creative, however, over the last few weeks, I have found it easier and easier to retell and make my own version of a story. My reading note strategies have also changed. The first week, I really did take notes like I was going to be tested. This really helped me to know the whole story without re-reading it, but I really had to think about what I wanted to change, so I would have to go back and re-read the story again, to try and remember my ideas. Over the last few weeks, I have created a summary as well as a "my ideas" section in my reading notes. This really helps me to be able to reflect on the idea I had while reading the story, so that way, I am prepared going into writing my story. The image I chose, was from my week 3 storytelling. That was the first story I wrote, and honestly it was one of my favorite stories to read. I am not that into Greek Mythology, but I can definitely say the Cupid and Psyche unit was my favorite so far. This image was used in my storytelling assignment. It is a picture of Psyche at the shrines of Juno and Ceres. Looking forward, I feel like I need to branch out more on my storytelling assignments. I also need to take more time when reviewing my stories and try to catch more errors. I also think that I have been slacking a little on dates. I feel like if I would more time to edit and reflect, my stories would be better. Overall, I feel like this class is going well.
(Psyche at the Shrines of Juno and Ceres: Photo by Burne-Jones)


No comments:

Post a Comment