Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Reading Notes: English Fairy tales Unit (1): Reading A- The Story of the Three Little Pigs

Illustration from J. Jacobs, English Fairy Tales 
My Ideas: Everyone knows the story of the three little pigs. This is one of the most memorable stories from my childhood, so I could not help but to choose this story. I am a big fan of putting the story in different perspectives, so I could change the story and put it in the mother's perspective. We hear about her shortly at the beginning and that is all. Also, I could make this story a sort of cat and mouse game, maybe adding more details and thought and put the story in the little pigs perspective. Also, what if the other pigs had survived and fled to their brothers house, where they would fight together against the wolf. What if the wolf's character was rich and when the pigs killed him, they gained his fortune and were reunited? What is we learned why the other piglets chose to build there homes out of bad material? Is this due to how they were raised? Also, how old were the piglets? Were they maybe too young when their mother had to let them go? I also think it would be a good idea if the wolf would have kidnapped the other piglets and kept them hidden. Maybe at one of the places the wolf told the piglet their was apple or turnips. The smart piglet could rescue his brothers, kill the wolf, and reunite their family. These additions would make the story very eventful. I feel like there are a lot of options with this story. Unlike other stories that I have read this semester, it actually has a good amount of detail. Although the detail is good, there are still things I could add. 
Bibliography: Jacobs, Joseph. English Fairy Tales. English Fairy Tales Unit (1). The Story of the Three Little Pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment